Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Electra by Crows Toes + Firework Nail Art

Purchased by me


This is the nail polish I'm wearing today for New Years Eve. It is a beautiful shimmering blue/dark turquoise color, and in certaing lights it has a duochrome shift to purple. I was not able to capture that shift in the swatch picture, but you can see a little bit of it, on the right side of the bottle, in the picture below.
Edited to add: I found a light source that shows the purple mode of this polish - yay! Unfortunantely, it was not the best for photography, so the following picture is both overexposed and blurry. I did try to sharpen the image a bit in Photoshop, but it didn't help much. But I wanted to show you the beautiful color anyways =)
  Consistency-wise, this polish applied well. It had a few visible stroke lines after the first coat, but they evened out well with the second coat. I had tried out the polish on a swatch stick first, and it is pretty sheer, so for ease I went with a medium blue base color. I then applied two coats of Electra, and one coat of top coat (HK Girl). It turned out so beautiful - I love this dark shimmering blue color =)

Since it's New Years Eve, I decided to practice my novice nail art skills, and add fireworks to one accent nail.

 Sorry about the blurry picture here. I did not notice that all my pictures of this nail art
were blurry until after I had taken them :/
The fireworks took a lot of layering. I used a sheer silver glitter polish, a white polish, and the Electra polish, to make tiny lines over each other again and again to get the firework effect. I am not absolutely thrilled by the finished nail art, being the prefectionist I am sometimes, but it will do =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! Please do not be alarmed when your comment does not appear right after you have posted it. That happens because I approve all comments via email, to screen out spam. I look forward to reading what you have to say =)