Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Mint Candy Apple + My first zebra print nail art

Purchased by me
(Zebra striped accent nail on mint base color)


("Mint Candy Apple" by Essie)

Edited January 5th with color corrected photos, when I realized the original photos showed the polish color as more blue than mint. Sorry about any confusion the original photos may have caused!
 

I was out shopping today, and stumbled upon a sale on a few Essie nail polishes. I was good, and only purchased one polish, and it was this one =) I know the bright color may not be exactly season-appropriate (unless I was to add a snowflake or two), but I don't care! It's so bright and cheery, and I am a color lover at heart =)
For the swatch above, I used two coats, plus basecoat and topcoat. The consistency of the polish was a bit goopy. If you look closely at my index finger, you will see a spot where I had some troubles, but other then that I managed to get through it alright =) Oh, and the polish looks a bit like satin-finish in the pictures, but I assure you that it is shiny in real life.

Now, onto what was the really challenging part for me: zebra print nail art. I am starting, and will be trying to stay with it, Fingerfood's Theme Weeks challenge. You can read a little about it here. This first week, the theme is Animal print, and I decided to try my hand at zebra print. 


I used white acrylic paint over my finished mani to create the zebra stripes. Yes, I am writing zebra stripes as much as possible here, to help convince your brain that what you are seeing really is a zebra print, and not just some clumsy lines on a nail =)
I had some difficulties while painting with the consistency of the acrylic paint, so I think I want to try using nail polish next time. Let's just say I spent a ot of time cleaning up the lines, which is why the mint colored parts look cloudy in some spots. The close-up picture doesn't exactly make the zebra print look so good, but I do like having it on my nails right now, as it looks much better from further away =) I also think that the white zebra print on the mint nails is so fun and cheery!

Here are some other ladies participating in this weeks challenge:




Next weeks theme is Shapes/Geometric. I will have to figure out something fun for that too =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
Please feel free to leave me a comment before you leave =)

- Marie

8 comments:

  1. I love the color and I love that you just did an accent nail! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally saw zebra as soon as I saw the picture, not messy lines! This is a FANTASTIC job, especially given your first time. Great color choices too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to hear that =) Thank you!

      Delete
  3. What a nice mint polish. It's was a big hit last year, but I will still use it in 2014. It's so friendly ... if you can say that about a polish :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why it was so popular. It's so nice =)

      Delete
  4. I think this mani is pretty very nice pastel colour and the pattern is great! well done :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! Please do not be alarmed when your comment does not appear right after you have posted it. That happens because I approve all comments via email, to screen out spam. I look forward to reading what you have to say =)