Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Happy Popsicle Nail Art + Tutorial

Purchased by me

So, this weeks theme from Fingerfood's theme buffet is cute. I started out thinking I should do some cute animal nail art, like I've seen all over the place online with bears, pandas etc. I sketched out two animal nail art ideas, but they didn't turn out just right.
I sketch out nail art in photoshop, and while an idea might look good there, once I scale it down to my nail size and sketch it out in real life it might not work so well after all. That's precisely what happened. So I went back to scratch, and really thought about what I think is cute. I use a lot of cute stamps in my papercrafting, so I went to my own papercrafting blog for inspiration. Browsing there, I realized that I think it is so cute with just about anything with a smiley face on it. And then this idea hit me:



(Base color: Mint Candy Apple by Essie. Nail art done with acrylic paints)


For this nail art, I made the two popsicles (one on each hand) as decals, since I find it easier to paint on a decal than to paint directly on my own nails. I use a similar technique to making my decals as Natalie shows in this video


Here is an illustrated tutorial showing how I made the happy popsicle:

I also took inspiration from popsicle flavors, and came up with three other colors of popsicles you could paint on your nails

(Orange flavor)

 (Grape flavor)

(Cherry flavor)


You can also check out other manicures made for the theme cute below



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
- Marie

5 comments:

  1. Really cute design! I also do my decals that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant 'cute' idea, love a good icelolly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh very summery and cute :) great job xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! Please do not be alarmed when your comment does not appear right after you have posted it. That happens because I approve all comments via email, to screen out spam. I look forward to reading what you have to say =)