Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Vellum Effect Nail Art for Breast Cancer Awareness + Tutorial

Purchased by me / Kjøpt av meg
(Pink: "Pink-ing of You" by OPI,  white: "Blanc" by Essie )

Today I have a nice, new technique to show you. I used the technique for a really special manicure, in honor of breast cancer awareness month. As I'm sure you all know, pink ribbon is for breast cancer awareness, and this manicure features that.
I painted all my nails with the same pink polish, and let them dry. Then, on my ring finger nail, I used the new technique I'm calling Vellum Effect along with a DIY nail vinyl sticker in the ribbon shape, to make the image on the accent nail. Please take a look at the tutorial below to see how I made the Vellum Effect =)


-----------------------------------------------------------------
I dag har jeg en fin, ny teknikk å vise dere. Jeg har brukt teknikken til en veldig spesiell manikyr, for å støtte brystkreftsaken og rosa sløyfe måned.
Jeg lakket alle neglene med samme rosa lakk, og lot dem tørke. Deretter, kun på ringefingerneglen, brukte jeg en ny teknikk som jeg kaller Vellum Effekt (Vellum Effect på engelsk), sammen med et hjemmelaget sløyfeformet vinyl klistremerke, for å lage designet på dekorneglen. Fremgangsmåten for Vellum Effekt teknikken kan du se under =)


What do you think about this new technique? Does it look like something you would like to try out yourself? / Hva synes du om dene nye teknikken? Ser det ut som noe du har lyst til å prøve selv?

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! / Takk for at du stakk innom bloggen min i dag!
- Marie

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I hope you will try it out too =) I'd love to see your mani if you do so!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! Please do not be alarmed when your comment does not appear right after you have posted it. That happens because I approve all comments via email, to screen out spam. I look forward to reading what you have to say =)